What is the application process?
What is the application process?
There are two (2) parts to the application process:
1. You must set up an account and complete the online process. (Once you have done this, you will get an email back confirming that we received the online application).
2. You must mail in the additional required materials. (See list below).
- Who is Eligible for the scholarship?
• Applicants must be graduates of high schools in the Minnesota counties of Cook, Lake, Carlton, Pine, and south part of South St. Louis County lying south of and including the area in Township 54 North.
• Applicants must be U.S. citizens or legal residents.
• Applicants must be in the upper 8th percentile of their graduating class.
• Applicants must demonstrate traits of high personal character and leadership.
• Applicants must plan to enroll full-time in an undergraduate study of teaching, business or engineering at an accredited four-year college or vocational-technical school in the U.S. for the entire upcoming academic year.
When is the deadline for submission of materials?
The deadline for submission of the online portion of the application is . Deadline for receipt of the additional required materials is 5:00 pm est . The additional materials required must be mailed in ONE envelope to the , 4320-G Wade Hampton Boulevard, Taylors, SC 29687. The additional materials required must be RECEIVED no later than 5:00 pm est .
What constitutes a complete application packet?
Submit the signed TERMS OF AGREEMENT found in the online application.
Submit an OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT with grades and cumulative GPA posted through the   semester. (It must be OFFICIAL.)
Submit a copy of your ACT/SAT scores. If your transcript does not list the scores, then you are responsible for submitting them.
Submit a completed GUIDANCE COUNSELOR FORM. Download the Guidance Counselor Form.
Submit two (2) SIGNED LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION from teachers.
Submit a RECENT PHOTOGRAPH.
Submit an ESSAY. Submit an Essay of under 500 words with the title "Evaluate a significant achievement, experience or risk you have taken and its impact on you". Include applicant name and name of the scholarship on the page.
Submit a LIST OF YOUR ACADEMIC HONORS, LEADERSHIP SKILLS, AND COMMUNITY SERVICE, etc.
Submit a completed IRS W9 or IRS W8 form.
If you are a United States citizen, download and submit the IRS W9 form: Download the IRS W9 FormThe IRS W8 form can be downloaded here: Download the IRS W8 FormIf you have questions regarding the completion of the IRS forms or are uncertain of your citizenship status, please follow the instructions on the IRS website:
Instructions for the W9 form can be found at W9 InstructionsInstructions for the W8 form can be found at W8 Instructions
- What is the value of the scholarship award?
The number of recipients and the amount of each scholarship may vary from year to year due to fluctuations in the Fund's value and/or applicable document restrictions. Funds are to be applied to tuition, fees, books and supplies as required by your courses.
- What schools can a recipient attend?
You must be a enrolled full-time in an undergraduate study of teaching, business or engineering at any four-year college or vocational-technical school in the U.S. that is an accredited, exempt, educational institution provided the institution meets the following requirements.
The institution must be an educational organization that normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on. To the extent the institution is involved in the selection of the recipients (if at all), such involvement must comply with the Fund's policy of awarding scholarships on an objective and non-discriminatory basis as well as the Fund's Conflict of Interest Policy.
What if I am unable to attend consecutive semesters?
Extenuating circumstances requiring a student to sit out a semester must be explained in writing to CSA. You will be notified of the final decision. If a recipient is out for a semester, then that semester is forfeited.
How are winners selected?
An Awards Advisory Committee will consider the respective ability, educational goals, financial need and career ambitions of each applicant.
How will I be notified if I am chosen as a recipient?
All recipients will be notified by email.
Is this scholarship renewable?
This scholarship may be renewed on an annual basis for up to three consecutive additional years (or until the undergraduate degree is obtained, whichever is earlier) provided a full-time undergraduate status is maintained and a cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale is achieved.